Flood Cleanup – 24 hrs 7 days a week
Water damage is the most common form of disaster. We at Mighty clean have trained technicians on call 24hrs 7 days a week with a quick response time When disaster strikes such as a flood or a storm damage, but also simple things like a bath overflow, washing machine overflow or hot water system failing.
Water damage restoration procedures must be followed.It is not as simple as just sucking up the water and cleaning the carpet and letting the area dry naturally.
It is not the wet carpet that is the problem it is the underlay and the wood or concrete floor that needs to be dried.If the underlay is not dried or replaced you will end up with mould and odor problems.Our procedure for wet carpet is as follows.
- Call out to the premises and extract water using powerful vacuum extraction machinery.
- Apply browning treatment to carpet to prevent water stains.
- Move furniture on to foam blocks to avoid further damage.
- Lift corner of carpet and inspect for damage underneath carpet.
- Install drying equipment such as air movers and / or dehumidifiers and leave these on site until area is dry.
- Call back to premises on daily basis to check drying progress.
- Relay carpet and underlay when dry.
- Steam clean and deodorize carpet on completion of restoration.
Notes on water restoration:
- An area such as a bedroom will normally take between 24-48 hours to dry completely using drying equipment.
- When a premises has been affected by sewage overflow we do not attempt carpet restoration. The carpet and underlay must be removed from the premises and disposed and the flooring treated and deodorized. IICRC Standards does not allow restoration of sewage affected carpet.